How to save Money? What are the crucial and extreme ways to save money?
Today, the essential thing you need to survive is money, and It seems like everyone is searching for a way to save money, according to financial institutions’ surveys.
This article shows you fifty-plus extreme ways to save money. Some of these ideas are yet to appear, while some need a healthy mindset to make and save money.
So, are you ready to save your money? Yes, then let’s have a look.
The below-listed money-saving ideas through personal care management will help you save a lot of money, whether it comes from washing your clothes or preparing your toothpaste.
- Avoid Regular Showering– Save money by reducing water and soap usage by showering every alternate day.
- Reduce Shampoo Usage– Shampooing 2-3 times a month is good for your hair; not using it 2-3 times a week, according to dermatologists and trichology experts.
- Replace Toilet Paper– Start using water, a newspaper, or items of clothing in place of toilet rolls and toilet papers in bathrooms.
- Baby Shower– You will save a lot of money on water and electricity by taking the initiative of baby showering. Rinse your body with water.
- Sew Your Clothes– Start learning how to sew your clothes. There are many youtube channels and institutes available online for this. This step will help you to stop spending unnecessary money on clothes.
- Washing Clothes– Wash your clothes while showering. This minimizes water usage.
- Make your Shampoo/Soap– Stop spending money on costly soaps and shampoos, and prepare your natural and herbal soap and body shampoo.
- Say No to Cosmetics Products– Chemical-containing cosmetics are not good for your skin. So, avoid cosmetics and makeup items.
- Prepare Your Toothpaste– You need salt, baking soda, and a few drops of peppermint oil to prepare herbal toothpaste.
- Self-Hair Cutting– Cutting your hair is an effective way to save money.
These extreme ideas will help you to save money by recycling old equipment and clothing.
- Recycling Your Pet Hairs– You can knit your scarves and blankets with your pet hair while they shed.
- Reuse Used Clothes– Reuse used old shirts as short shirts by cutting sleeves and pants as short pants and capris.
- One Man’s Trash, Another Man’s Treasure– This old saying can be a helpful tip for you while you save money. On trash day, you can collect tables, chairs, and other furniture and appliances.
- Lost and Found- You can claim the unclaimed umbrellas. Hats. Coats and other items from the lost and found section.
- Thrift Stores– You can Save lots of money by shopping from thrift stores for furniture, clothes, and many other items. Prefer low-price items.
- Craigslist– Online shopping platform to get old and used items at low prices. Craigslist shopping sites can buy home renovation items, old furniture, etc.
House and Property
Learn how to save money from building your own to fixing any broken appliance.
- Living in a Small House– Use your lifestyle and resources according to tiny houses. This could be a crazy but great way to save money.
- Build your own home– Start building your own home with less pricey labor and materials. The small and compact house will be a great idea if you want to save money.
- Give Extra Room on Rent- If you have a house of 5-6 rooms and there is no use for any single room, you can give it on rent. You can build monthly income by this.
- Live in Portable Housing– If you don’t have land for a house, then you can use portable housing. Use RV and trucks as your home. It is an extreme way to save money.
- Floor Best Place to Sleep– Replace your bedroom’s costly and heavy beds with floor mats, as sleeping on the floor is good for your health.
- Fix it Yourself– Learn short courses in electrical engineering and appliance fixing; through a fix-it-yourself technique, you can fix your appliances and can save money for you and your family.
- Use Optional Energy Sources– You can use alternative energy sources for your home, like geothermal heating, solar panel, etc.
- Utilize Rainwater– Utilize every natural resource like rainwater, collect it and use it for your garden and yarn. Reduce your water bill and save money.
- Sell Luxury Items– Sell your luxury items and goods and those you don’t need other than necessary stuff. Like you can sell or give it on rent a boat, car, bikes and other luxury goods. You can also share your valuable stuff with your friends and others to generate a small income.
Around the House
Save extra money with the below-listed money-saving ideas.
- Use Fire Wood Heating– Find a replacement for the costly burning and heating oil. You can use woods for a bonfire and wood-burning stoves.
- Use Natural Cleaning Products– Use natural products in your home for cleaning, like baking soda, vinegar, lime juice, etc.
- Dry Your Clothes in Sunlight– Instead of using a cloth dryer, you can dry them in sunlight. This not only saves money but also creates a healthy atmosphere around you.
- Sell Big Stuff- Sell your big unused stuff like furniture and appliances.
- Permanently Turn Off AC- Start living without Air conditioning by using natural sources for coolant in your home. You can save a lot on electricity bills.
- Eliminate the Silverware– Use plastic products for food packaging instead of silverware.
- Conserve Electricity– Switch off high electric appliances like televisions, DVD players, Washing machines, AC, etc. Save on electricity bills. Use this method for at least a month and measure the differences.
Most people don’t know they can save bundles of money, even food. But How? Simple answer by Stop Spending Money on Food. But, How do you stop spending money on food? There are many ways to save money on food.
- Go Veggie– As we all know, beef consumes a large grocery budget. So, Say No to Beef and go for vegetarian food.
- Be a Farmer– Live like a farmer and save money on food. Grow vegetables like potato, brinjal, chilly, and other green vegetables. You can also stock it for a long-term plan.
- Cook From Waste– Use waste products like paper and wood as fuel to cook your food. With this, you can save money daily.
- Take-Home Leftovers– Use leftover food at weddings, school gatherings, or any event. Bring that food along with you and preserve it. You can use this food for the next day’s breakfast.
- Find Free Groceries– Take advantage of coupons and discount deals on food from restaurants. Check out their websites and apps and get the deal.
- Keep Restaurant Packets– You can keep and save pizza parlor salt packets, pepper, hot sauce, and other items. Use them at your home and save on groceries.
- Shop Direct From Farmers– Shopping vegetables and raw food directly from the farmers will get fresh food and save money in your pocket. Do this for a month and measure the changes in the grocery budget.
- Cut Off Alcohol– Reduce and minimize alcohol drinks. Improve your health and save your money.
- Use Spending Tracker- Track your spending and keep records of every expense with the expenses tracker app. You may also have budgeting apps to create your monthly budget. With a finance management app, not only do you save money and take control of your expenses, but you also improve your finance and wealth.
- Stick to Your List While Shopping– Don’t look in shopping malls here and there without any reason. Stick to your list and buy only what you need.
- Create your Shopping List Before Going Out- Creating your Shopping List Before Going Out saves money and keeps you from unnecessary expenses.
Health and Medicine
Everyone is concerned about health care costs. Use these tips to save money on minor health subjects.
- Alternative Healing Methods– Learn about alternatives to medicines. Use herbs and homemade remedies to heal, cure, and wellness.
- Become proactive– First, take care of your health. It is essential for today’s time. Avoid fast food and junk food. Do yoga and exercise regularly. Remember to be active.
- Use First Aid Kit– Cure minor illnesses and heal yourself with a homemade first aid kit. You can save money by cutting unnecessary medical expenses for minor injuries.
Entertainment can cost you a lot. Reduce your expenses on entertainment sources like television and parties and go out at lunch and dinner.
- Live like 1949– We love our electronic speaker system, but using them significantly costs us. Reduce their usage.
- Cutting Cable Connection– Save money by cutting expenses on cable subscriptions and internet connections. Also, minimize mobile usage.
- Entertain at Home– Instead of going out for parties at a bar or restaurant, arrange all at home with friends and family.
- Free TV and Movies– Watch free movies and TV shows With sites like Hulu.com. Say no to cable Tv connections.
- Search for Free Internet– Use free internet at public libraries and search for similar free wi-fi spots.
- Share Internet– Share cable connection and internet with your neighbors. Sharing reduces costs, and you save on monthly billings.
Save money by minimizing transportation expenses. Read the below listed to save Money on Transportation.
- Park the Car– You can save money by reducing the use of cars and other vehicles. Also, you can save by selling luxury cars and bikes. Or share them.
- Fuel Alternatives- Use natural gas and biogas instead of costly petrol and diesel fuel.
- Use Public Transportation– Instead of investing money on own car fuel to go to offices, schools, and colleges, use public transportation buses and services. You can also save by subscribing to their monthly passes.
- Prefer Walking– Walk for a short distance or use a bicycle. Through walking, you can save money and improve your physical fitness.
- Drive a scooter. Scooters are less expensive compared to motorbikes and also get some extra mileage.
Other Extreme Ways to Save Money
You can try these steps if you are still looking for more ways to save money.
- Things for Things– Share your goods with your neighbors and friends; also, you can exchange them with no extra charges.
- Stop Buying– Stop spending money on unnecessary items from stores.
- Freeze Your Credit Cards– Work on cash and pay with cash only. Reduce the usage of credit cards.
- Free sample- Create your account on new shopping sites for cosmetics and other household goods. They provide a free sample policy. Use Such services and save money by not buying those things.
- Develop Negotiating Habits– Still buying on MRP. Then you need to Develop negotiating habits. Whatever you buy, try to bargain for a low price.
Saving money begins with your mindset. Good spending habits can put more money in your wallet and make your life much easier. As no one can predict the future, develop wise spending habits and save for the future.